Friday, February 23, 2007

Perfect Hair


There is nothing as frustrating as the search for perfect hair. First there are the typical MTF trans issues to deal with: receding hairline in front; bald spot in back. I took care of those years ago with transplants in Bangkok. I mean the transplants were on my head...and I had it done in...well, I'm digressing...never mind. It’s probably the best money I ever spent. A half-day session to move some hair around and it’s like –wow. It really works!

Even so, I am not fond of my naturally curly hair. So I am always looking to soften those curls by blow drying, chemicals, ironing, or whatever I can find to tone it down a notch. It would be wonderful to go from Bozo the Clown curly to Tyra Banks wavy, but I haven’t found the magic for that yet.

Then there’s length, volume, etc. I have a long face (like Cher, but not as pretty) so long hair is possible, but mine frizzes out the longer it gets. Not an attractive look. So I tried thinning it out. Ugh, horrible haircut. Fire one hair-stylist. I let the hair grow back out, and tried another stylist. He seemed to know exactly what I needed, and cut cut cut away. He hates that I use so much hairspray to cement my hair in place, but I’m trying to fight the Bozo effect. Result: short Bozo hair. I left the shop feeling depressed. Another cut that was too short, and I still looked like me instead of Jennifer Aniston. Sigh.

The cut is growing on me (there’s an intentional pun there :)), and I like the highlights. But I’m already looking to growing it out again. Will I ever find the perfect hair?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, get over it. I wish I had curls to complain about! I'd be more worried about those lips of yours......:-)

AllyCat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AllyCat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AllyCat said...

Dang, and I was so proud of my makeup job!